New Game System: Flames of War for World War II

 


Hello, 

I have been busy with a lot of things and I have been gaming after reading. Last month, I bought a new game system for World War II gaming that is popular with many wargamers. It is called Flames of War and has been around since the early 2000's but it's the first time I have gotten into it. I found the rule book in a hobby shop and then ordered a starter army "Hit the Beach" set from Battlefront which makes the items for FOW.


Hit the beach comes with two forces for D-Day, Americans and Germans.  The American force comes with a parachute platoon and up to 8, M4 Sherman tanks with 75mm or 76mm guns. The Germans have 2 anti-tank guns, 3 panzer IV tanks, and a panzergrenadier company. There is also a V-2 rocket model but has no effect on play. It's just a decoration that can be used as an objective for the Americans to take.

I have built my models and have started to paint them. I'll post pictures when the are all finished. I like the great variety of items that Battlefront gives for this series. My local hobby shop has a whole section of their store dedicated to the game. 

Some things I don't like. The Battlefront website needs improvement. When one goes to the online store and type something you want to buy you have to go through a list of articles as well as product to find what you want. They have a lot of items on their site that are no longer in production. This  is a downer. I especially didn't like this when I bought the D-Day Americans book that gives forces and scenarios that one cannot find all the parts to without a lot of searching. I have found some companies have filled in those gaps (thank you Paperterrain).

Anyways, more on this later as I explore this game more. If you are in the Fort Worth area and would like to play a game or like to comment on the post please feel free to do so.

Comments

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. However, I do moderate all comments to keep the blog a "family friendly" site so no profanity.

Popular posts from this blog

Comparing Black Powder to Field of Battle

Black Powder Rules Battle Report #1 The Battle of Many Mistakes