Great Buildings from Paperterrain

I'm almost ready to fight with my armies. However, I need a battlefield to play on. For this I got a 6" x 4" green felt cloth and some other felt fabrics and colors to make roads, rivers, and farm fields. It is pretty basic but it gets me started.

I next went to look for buildings to for play. There are many choices out there but manufactured buildings can be as pricy as building an army.

That's when I discovered Paperterrain. This company makes buildings on card stock that can be cut out, assembled, and used on the battlefield. You can find then at www.paperterrian.com

My product came in the mail this past week. I am highly pleased. I went with a European hamlet and farmhouse. The buildings look very well on the table and I'm impressed with the detail in the artwork. 

Assembly is very easy. I used a scissors and an Exacto knife to cut them out. Simple Elmer's glue connects the parts but I recommend spreading it out to avoid pumps in the paper. Fences can be used with a 3/16? balsa wood insert that gives them firmness. However, I also gave my fences small, balsa wood stands so that they don't tip so easily.

I do have a minor issue with the farmhouse doors. There were no instructions for how these should be joined to the walls. I also saw a different design for the wall corner in the website pictures but don't come with the package. I decided to mount my large doors on stands that can be placed between 2 sections of fencing. It worked well.

What I really like is that buildings go over a destroyed ruin. so if you blow or burn up a building there is a ruin for it. Figures can fit inside the buildings and are meant to hold a battalion.

So. Here is a village set up with Bavarian defenders.
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Comparing Black Powder to Field of Battle

New Game System: Flames of War for World War II

Black Powder Rules Battle Report #1 The Battle of Many Mistakes